Sunday, April 24, 2011

PHOTO MANIPULATION

Original Picture
 
Edited by Pixlr
A weekend getaway to Sauble Beach is perfectly captured in this photograph. The intention of the first picture was to capture a fun "Baywatch" inspired picture. In the original picture my eyes tend to go the boy watching the ocean. Although as said above the intention of the picture was to capture my friends and I splashing about in water. To capture just that I decided to tint the picture an ocean blue, this helped get that feeling of summer, warmth and fun when looking at the photograph. In the edited picture, my friends and I are a bit more noticeable instead of blending in to the water. The tint of ocean blue has also made the waves of the ocean more present. I decided to focus the picture to the group of girls, which in turn made the corners of the picture fade black. I think that this makes the picture look as if it was a postcard for summer, or just the perfect picture to put in a summer or beach themed scrapbook. 


Original Picture
Edited by Pixlr

When my family from Winnipeg decided to come for a visit, my parents took them around to Niagara Falls, downtown Toronto and pretty much just around where there is something "important" to see. When I was looking through the pictures that they took on their trips, I found this one. I do not know where this was taken, but it was just a statue sitting on a bench. It made me laugh because it shows how funny my dad actually is. The statue does not show any emotion at all, but I feel that my dad sitting down beside it and expressing the emotion of telling a story, the statue became "alive" as if he was invested in actually listening to what my dad had to say. What I had decided to do to this picture was to make it black and white. I felt that by doing so it would blend or rather connect my dad to the statue more. So I made it Black and white and highlighted the picture to bring my dad, the statue and the bench that they were sitting on more.

Original Picture
Edited by Pixlr

 The perfect timing with the combination of spontaneity was combined in this picture. My best friend and I had always wanted a picture of both of us in the air jumping. I had lost count on how many occasions, how many times we would try to get a picture like this. I felt that the picture was ALMOST perfect, I did not want to change it drastically because all it needed was a boost of color. Therefore that is exactly what I did. I boosted the color which made us stand out more, and highlighted us. I also decided to blur the top and bottom part of the picture, I felt that it didn't do justice, or add to the picture. This way it really is just my best friend and I being the star of this beautiful picture. 

Bibliography

http://pixlr.com/express/ 





No comments:

Post a Comment